Due to an overwhelming demand for youth fencing classes, we will be adjusting our youth program (starting September, 2017), to allow for a significant increase in our ability to bring in beginner fencers!
The new YOUTH PROGRAM is open to Intermediate and Beginner fencers, Ages 8 – 12
Classes are held on Saturdays, 9:30am – 10:30am and Wednesdays, 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Attend one class per week
- Absolutely no experience is necessary!
- Beginners must provide their own jacket, glove, and gender-specific protective gear (see the equipment guide for details)
- Eligible to attend TWO classes per week
- Eligible to sign up for Wednesday "Open Bouting"
- Eligible to sign up for Individual Lesson Programs
- A FULL UNIFORM is required for Open Bouting or Lessons (see the equipment guide for details)
Beginner students must be enrolled for either Wednesdays or Saturdays. Due to class size restrictions, students may not alternate days without prior approval of the staff
A Student is considered “Intermediate” Once he/she has completed at least one Class Session (3 months)
The class emphasizes basic Techniques and Skill-Sharpening and features a “Circuit Training” format, which means we keep the young fencers moving to promote Focus and General Fitness!
NEXT SESSION (Winter 2018)
Wednesdays: January 10, 2018 – March 28, 2017
Saturdays: January 6, 2018 – March 31, 2018
No class on Saturday, February 24th (Tournament Day)