SATURDAYS, 11:00am – 12:00pm
AGES 13 + ONLY
This class is an INTENSE footwork training session that we hold once a week. The emphasis is on explosiveness and conditioning while maintaining safe, functional form.
Any fencer interested in enrolling in the competitive footwork class must:
- Have participated in at least one (1) USA Fencing Sanctioned Tournament
- Be able to demonstrate a functional, working knowledge of basic and intermediate footwork: advance, retreat, lunge-recover (backward and forward), advance lunge, and fleche.
- Be ready and willing to give it their all for the entirety of the class
- Your regular equipment is NOT required for this class (no bladework at this one, only footwork!).
- Fencers must wear appropriate, proper-fitting athletic clothing to class and athletic shoes with good traction
- We will be utilizing jump ropes for warm-ups in this class. We can provide these, but fencers are welcome to bring their own
- Bring a water or sports drink bottle you can use out on the fencing floor. All other drinks are prohibited during this class.
Frequenty Asked Questions:
IS THIS CLASS REQUIRED FOR COMPETITIVE FENCERS?
Not at all! However, some competitors may have their goals set high enough that the training involved in this class becomes necessary
IS THERE A MAKE-UP POLICY FOR CLOSURES, CLUB TOURNAMENTS, ETC?
In the event that a class must be cancelled or skipped, the enrolled fencers will be invited to a make-up class the following Monday (or first subsequent Monday we are open), 6:00pm – 7:00pm. This will be a shared hour between the Advanced Training class and competitive footwork class.
WHEN SHOULD I CONSIDER THIS CLASS?
All competitive fencers should remember this class is available. If and when you feel that you want to take your goals to the next level and want to show your BEST for the entirety of a tournament, at EVERY tournament, this class is for you!